February 16th, 2009
Valentine’s Day . . . How do you celebrate it? The U.S. Greeting Card Association estimates that approximately one billion valentines are sent each year worldwide, making the day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year, behind Christmas. Did you get your cards made and delivered on time? I hope your V-day was spent enjoying time with your loved one. I spent the afternoon with a beautiful couple that reinforced the true meaning of love.
This couple just got back from their destination wedding in Mexico and were celebrating their wedding reception with friends and family on Valentine’s Evening at the DelRay Ballroom in Lincoln. I met them at the NE state Capitol building beforehand for a romantic wedded photo session. I brought along a couple Valentine’s props to commemorate the day.
Mandy was so good to give me a couple dress twirls out in the freezing Nebraska cold! Isn’t she beautiful?We just had a snowstorm the day before so I love how you can still see some snow on the ground.
We had a great time “touring’ the Capitol before we made our way over to the reception. We all remembered touring this place on field trips when we were younger but we sure didn’t remember the architecture being so cool. To me it was a photographer’s haven. So many neat little niches to set up in. And the late afternoon light coming through the big windows was amazing.
I’ll leave you with one last image we shot on the top floor of the building near the elevators. We tried to go out on the observation decks but the doors were locked. So we settled for this bench and got one of my favorite images of the day. The look of love on Mark’s face is priceless . . . these are the images I love to capture.
February 10th, 2009
I’m really happy to share these maternity images I took in December. The couple is beautiful inside and out! I was happy to take them back to the same brick wall that we used in December 2007 for their holiday card images. How cool to look at the images below taken a year apart and reflect on how their lives are changing. I’d love to go this next December when their little girl is just starting to walk. Can’t you just picture the same brick wall scene but with a cute little dark haired girl holding on to mama and daddy’s hands?
Well we all know what comes next . . . newborn pictures! I always enjoy taking picture of brand new babies and creating birth announcements so the new parents can show off their little bundle of love. You can’t help but smile and say “ahhhhh, how cute” out loud when you receive one of these in the mail. So I’ve updated my baby announcement designs and put up samples on the cb Yates Photography proofing site.
Custom birth announcements are printed the same way as the custom Holiday cards. Here are more specifics:
- Custom birth announcements are not photographs, but are produced on state of the art digital printing presses. The printing facility uses real liquid ink, not toner like a color copier as some other printers use, to give the cards the look and feel of a very high quality printed piece.
- Cards are double sided (more room to show off your sweet little one!)
- Size is 5″x7″
- Ordered in increments of 25 (Each box of 25 cards is $45.00)
- Pricing includes envelopes
- There are multiple paper finishes available (matte, glossy, watercolor paper, and pearlescent)
- Announcements are completely customized so all the “busy new mama” has to do is address and stamp the envelopes and they’re ready to mail. (allowing much more time for cuddling, feeding, and probably the most important thing on a new mom’s mind . . . sleep)
I can’t wait to showcase some beautiful newborn babies on my blog. Here’s a favorite quote of mine about babies. They’re truly miracles, I can’t wait to grow my own little miracle someday.
“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -unknown